Flocking Through Thanksgiving
Contrary to the modern American mindset, there are plenty of good reasons to eat out on Thanksgiving Day. Perhaps you need a snack in the middle of last-minute grocery shopping. Perhaps the neighbor’s dogs absconded with your turkey (although that tends to be more of a Christmas issue). Or perhaps, like Chandler Bing from Friends, you cannot stand the sight, smell, or taste of Thanksgiving food. No matter the reason, FXBG is here to help!
Here are the local restaurants to visit on Thanksgiving Day:
- Alpine Chef (11:00am-6:00pm): Chef Jannec Hornig has bestowed his German customs and cuisine upon the Fredericksburg community for many years now, and Thanksgiving Day will be no exception. Why eat turkey when you can treat yourself to his succulent Spaetzle Pan? Dine at Alpine Chef to find out why.
- Brock’s Riverside Grill (11:00am-7:30pm): Reservations are highly encouraged on Thanksgiving, and for good reason: from sandwiches and wraps, to shrimp and steak entrees, Brock’s has a vast array of delectable options for those wanting something against the ‘November Norm.’ Partake in these options right along the Rappahannock River, and get a glimpse of the site of where the Mayflower sailed on its way to Plymouth Rock…we made that up, but it’s still a beautiful view!
- Katora Coffee (9:00am-2:00pm): Fredericksburg’s favorite vegan coffee shop will be open to serve. Their plant-based, organic menu provides for wonderfully healthy options, which make up for the inevitable gorging of turkey and stuffing later.
- Patriot Subs (11:30am-3:30pm): This veteran-owned sandwich shop will be open to serve you on Thanksgiving, providing you with fresh ingredients and exceptional customer service. With Veteran’s Day having wrapped up just a few weeks before, a holiday visit to Patriot Subs provides you with a wonderful reason to once again honor our fearless service members.
Available for Pre-Orders
A few local restaurants are offering pre-orders on a number of food options:
- Agora: This specialty coffee shop will be selling Thanksgiving pies, available for pre-order soon. There is no deadline on when to purchase, but make sure to pre-order soon. Pies sell quickly!
- Billiken’s Smokehouse: With only ten days left, one of our favorite local businesses, Billiken’s, is offering fantastic deals on SMOKED turkeys. Choose your size, and contact Billiken’s in the next few days to pre-order this delicious option by either calling (540) 656-2932, or emailing email@example.com.
- Fredericksburg Food Co-op: Up until November 15th, you can reserve a locally grown, organic turkey from our friends at this lovely, community-owned store.
- Italian Station: While you won’t be able to dine in on Thanksgiving, Italian Station is offering dessert boxes until 9pm the night before, from gelato to mouthwatering savories.
- Pimenta: If you place a pre-order by November 18th, you can pick up some flavorful Jamaican meals from this Fredericksburg staple.
We cannot wait to see you at any of these beloved establishments, and always appreciate your support of local businesses. And if we do not see you, we hope your turkey is brined to perfection!