The Best Happy Hours in FXBG
We have been amazed and ecstatic by the incredible progress Fredericksburg has made in the past decade, particularly with the establishment of so many incredible restaurants, bars, and breweries. All of these bars have fed and refreshed us for years now, and as our city continues to grow, we wanted to learn more about what makes each of them so special. After days, weeks, MONTHS (we love us some hyperbole) of research, we are thrilled to share with you what we consider to be the best Happy Hour deals in FXBG:
- Capital Ale House (917 Caroline St) – Many of you know this restaurant and bar from their delectable pierogies, savory draft beers, and, of course, their raucous and joyous Oktoberfest every fall. But you don’t need Oktoberfest as a reason to visit Capital Ale House. Every weekday, Monday through Friday, swing by between 3:00-6:30pm to partake in $1 off of their MANY draft beers, $2 off house wines, and $3 off specialty cocktails (the staff heavily encouraged us to try out that last deal…and we did). But CAH loves the people of Fredericksburg too much to stop their deals at 6:30pm…From Sunday-Thursday after 9:00pm, partake in a late-night ‘Reverse Happy Hour’ by tasting their appetizers for half off.
- Colonial Tavern, Home to the Irish Brigade (406 Lafayette Blvd) – Besides being the least likely bar in Fredericksburg to have a snake infestation (get it?), Colonial Tavern has a great deal for every beer lover. Swing by every day (Note: they are closed on Tuesdays) from 11:30am-7:00pm to enjoy all bottled and draft beers for $1 off. And for those (beer) bottle drinkers out there, Colonial Tavern has one advantage over the other bars: they are the only bar in Fredericksburg with an ice bath. You’ll never have a colder beer…and bonus points if you order Guinness or Smithwicks.
- Happy Endings (1315 Princess Anne St) – This homey, lovable dive bar has more up its sleeve than an exceptional Taco Tuesday. Mosey on up to Happy Endings every weekday from 3:00-7:00pm, where you can enjoy some libational deals. $2 domestic and $3.50 premium draft beers, and $3.50 rail drinks. And to match these exceptional discounts, Happy Ending offers $2 off all of their delicious appetizers.
- FoodE (900 Princess Anne St) – This exceptional local establishment, which we consider to be the best bank-turned-into-restaurant in Fredericksburg, lives up to their emphasis on community. Monday to Saturday from 3:00-5:00pm, FoodE offers $2 select beer, $15 bottles of wine, and a discounted ‘street food menu.’ Enjoy one of their delicious cookies while sipping on the new peppermint porter!
- J.Brian’s Tap Room (200 Hanover St) – Colonial Tavern is not the only Irish Happy Hour in FXBG. Swing by J.Brian’s Monday through Friday from 3:00-7:00pm, where you can enjoy $4 Devil’s Backbone drafts (Vienna Lager & 8 Point IPA), $5 Guinness, $4 rail liquor drinks, $4 house wine glasses, and $12 house wine bottles. And because they want you to have even more nice things, J. Brian’s has weekend deals as well: on Saturday and Sunday from 11:00am-3:00pm, enjoy $4 mimosas and $5 bloody marys (get it spicy, always spicy).
- Rebellion Bourbon Bar (309 Williams St) – Rebellion has a plethora of prime whiskeys and bourbons, but on Monday-Friday from 4:00-7:00pm, Evan Williams Bottled in Bond or Old Overholt Rye is the way to go. Order an Old Fashioned or Manhattan with either of these savory libations for only $6.
- Sammy T’s (801 Caroline St) – A staple of downtown, Sammy T’s has been nourishing the people of Fredericksburg since 1981. It is only fitting, then, that they are here to help us out every day for Happy Hour. From 4:00-7:00pm, enjoy all of their house wine, draft beer, and well cocktails for $1 off. As everyone knows, discounted drinks always taste better, and Sammy T’s self-described ‘Feel Better Drinks’ are no exception.
- Sedona Taphouse (591 William St) – Sedona Taphouse has been a hit since they launched their location in Fredericksburg, and have treated us even more with wonderful happy hour deals. Monday- Friday from 3:00-5:00pm, Sedona Taphouse offers half off all draft beers. From 3:30-6:30pm they offer half off all bottle and can beer, $3 house wines, $3 red and white sangrias, $5 select wines, $5-6 craft cocktails, and $6-10 bar bites. We personally recommend any draft IPA with the Desert Fire Jalapeños or Margherita Flatbread.
- Sunken Well Tavern (720 Littlepage St) – There is perhaps no other bar in Fredericksburg that encourages artistic expression as much as Sunken Well Tavern. And for those wanting to enjoy wonderful live music, they can also enjoy $1 off ALL alcohol, Monday-Friday from 3:00-6:00pm.
- Tapa Rio (1101 Sophia St) – On Tuesday-Friday from 4:00-6:00pm, this wonderful Latin American restaurant and bar offers $5 Corona, Blue Moon, Modelo Especial, Margaritas on the rocks, glass wines, and $15 bottle wines. Order the Chorizo al Vino Tinto with a glass of Malbec, and you’ll be dancing the night away…where and when acceptable, of course.
If there are any happy hours you feel we should include, drop us a line on Facebook. And as always, please drink responsibility!