It is the last remaining farm within the Historic City of Fredericksburg, VA, conveniently located approximately 2 miles from Interstate 95. It is a produce and beef cow farm with a farm market, pick your own produce, play areas with farm animals and event barns for rent!
Spring, Summer and Fall hours are 9 am-6 pm. Winter hours are 9:00AM-5:00 PM. Our hours change with the start/end of daylight savings time. Closed Easter Day, Thanksgiving Day, Closing at 1:00 PM on Christmas Eve, closed Christmas Day and New Years Day.
Pets are welcome, on a leash, and if you pick up after them. BY LAW, pets are NOT allowed in the front Pick-Your-Own fields, but we do allow them in the other parts of our farm. If our farm market is busy and full of customers, we ask that you not bring the dog inside. We can assist you if you need to get to the back of the market, by walking around. Keep in mind that we have free range chickens.
We have a non-admission area and an admission area of our farm….Choose what you want to do!
- We welcome you to our farm and market! It is always FREE admission to come to our front area of the farm which is our pick-your -own fields, pick produce to purchase in the market (all produce sold by the pound!) and visit our Braehead Farm Market, lunch kitchen and picnic!
- The Family PlayGrounds! Admission: The Play-Grounds in the Barn Lot is a ** $5.00 (+tax) per person admission area of the farm. Age 2 and under are free. We also offer Season Passes for $20.00 per person. This admission gives you unlimited hours of same day play and includes: **PLEASE NOTE: DURING SPECIAL EVENTS BRAEHEAD FARM MAY HAVE AN ADDITIONAL EVENT FEE TO GO INTO THE EVENT. (Spring-Easter Event, Fall-Harvest Festival Weekends, December-Santa Clause Christmas Event)
- Play barns with hay and “steer heads” to rope!
- Swings and slides!
- Sand piles with trucks and toys!
- A tree deck with slide!
- Corn pit!
- Trikes and push tractors for the little ones!
- Farm animals….chickens, cows, pigs, goats, alpacas, horses, rabbits, sheep…and honey bees to watch in their visual hive!
- Picnic tables! Bring your own picnic or enjoy lunch from our Braehead Farm Kitchen, open 11am-2 pm weekedays, and 11am-4pm weekends. (Lunch kitchen closed in Winter-December 23-March 1) Delicious BBQ, hamburgers, hotdogs, grilled chicken, gluten free items, mmmm! and more.
- Fire pits with picnic tables to rent!
- Age 2 and under are free with a paying adult, of course!
- The Play-Grounds in the Barn Lot also offers “The Red Shed” and “The Block Shed” for hosting your own events and birthday parties!!
Season Passes! Enjoy unlimited play time without paying the daily $5.00 admission fee in the “Play-Grounds of The Barn Lot” during operating hours with a Season’s Pass. These passes are for 6 months and we offer a Spring/Summer Season Pass and a Fall/Winter Season Pass. Each pass is $20.00 (plus tax) per person, age 2 and under are free. We offer a family discount pass of $100.00 for 5 or more people WITHIN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. (The purpose of the family pass is to help families with multiple children be able to afford the playgrounds admission.) Note: Some special events will be not be included in the pass or will have a separate event fee. Season Passes are non transferrable to other people and is non-refundable. Staff led farm educational field trips and tours are not included in the pass. The pass is for entry to the Family Playgrounds without having to pay the daily $5.00 admission fee.
- Braehead Farm Market with fresh dairy milk, cheese and ice cream, eggs, honey, seasonal produce and more!
- Braehead Farm Kitchen with many lunch food choices for families! Open daily from Spring through Fall! Weekends are from 11 am to 4pm and weekdays are from 11am to 2pm. The Lunch Kitchen will be closed from end of December through February.
- Many picnic table spaces throughout the farm for families to enjoy!
- “The Red Shed” barn for birthday parties and other special events
- “The Block Shed” a pavilion style barn for public use or can be reserved!
- Various scheduled events throughout the year! Keep checking back for updates on our Events page!