Around the Town Trolley
DATEJune 18 @ 5:00 pm - June 19 @ 8:30 pm
A free, family-friendly “Around the Town” service that offers participants a snapshot of the wonders of downtown Fredericksburg is returning this summer. The City of Fredericksburg is bringing back our free shuttle service for locals and tourists alike. It will transport visitors around downtown on Friday and Saturday evenings between June 4 and September 5, 2021.
Trolley Tours of Fredericksburg will run the service between 5:00 pm and 8:30 pm. The trolley ride will be a 15 to 20-minute loop of downtown and stop at six locations.
6 stops/pick-up locations: (View the interactive map here)
- Fredericksburg Visitor Center at 706 Caroline Street
- Intersection of Caroline and William Street
- Intersection of Princess Anne and Hunter Streets by Carl’s Ice Cream and Mason Dixon Café
- Canal Quarter near Red Dragon Brewery
- William and Winchester streets near Mellow Mushroom
- William and Charles streets near Castiglia’s
The “Around the Town” Trolley stops offer a variety of excellent restaurants, public restrooms, coffee shops, art galleries, museums, parks, and downtown shops as well as close to parking lots/garage that have ample availability on weekend evenings. View the Downtown Parking Map here. Parking options include:
- The downtown garage at Wolfe and Sophia streets
- Parking garage at William and Winchester Streets
- The “VRE parking lot” at Frederick and Caroline streets
- The many surface lots along Sophia Street
- The parking lot at the corner of Charles and Amelia streets
Just look for the “Around the Town” trolley stop signs and hop aboard on Friday and Saturday evenings this summer!
Share your photos with: #visitfred #aroundtowntrolley #fxbgva #fxbgfun